Monday, March 16, 2009

Oh what happens in a year...

Dreams come true. A year ago this week Cory and I were visiting Phoenix, looking at neighborhoods and wishing we could move here. When we landed literally I turned on my phone and it rang. I answered and it was American Express offering me a job in SLC. Great way to start off the week. We then got to the car rental desk and they gave us an UPGRADE to a Cadillac CTS, SWEET. It was a wonderful 85 the entire time and then we went home, went back to reality. I got to leave my old job, telling one of your best friends, who is your boss, that you are quitting was hard, but fun at the same time. I started with American Express within a few weeks. During the same few weeks we were lucky enough to sell our house. We decided to be apartment people for a while and live closer to work. We got to our 5th year anniversary in Orlando. We didn't do much more and then in December Cory was goofing around looking at jobs in Phoenix, the snow gave us the itch every time. He found a posting at American Express in Phoenix and I told him what could it hurt... Well 3 interviews and a delayed flight back from a 4th (snow again) later he had an offer, more than we needed to justify the move, it was bliss. Cory was starting the beginning of February and I still had to find a position to transfer into to. Thinking we would be apart for a few months we had a plan, a sad sad plan, we had never even been apart for more than 3 days in the over 5 years we were married. Well just my luck I applied for a job and got it, starting the same day as Cory, which happened to be in a week and a half, well we changed our plans and thankfully Cory's parents helped us out so we didn't have to get a Uhaul and 2 cars down here. Well here we are a year after the dream started and it is a reality. Things are good. Now we just need a house, offer is in will hear back by the 30th. Hopefully we will be posting pictures soon. Livin the Dream and never giving up.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Yay!!! I am soooo happy for you guys - that is wonderful :)

Danielle Smith said...

Wow, I read the blog post the other day that you posted. Looks like you deleted it. Things are looking up now, eh?

Liz and Cory said...

Danielle, please do not comment on my blog, Thanks.

Danielle Smith said...

I am just happy for you, that's all. I don't know why you don't like me. I hardly even know you. Arizona is a nice place to live, from what I hear. My aunt lives there. I thinks it's great that you are living your life the way you feel is best for you and not having babies because that's the norm. More power to you. I wish you the best of luck in life.

Liz and Cory said...

OK so, first of all don't talk about what you don't know about, or don't understand. It doesn't matter if I like you or not. We aren't friends and I would prefer that you don't write on my blog, Thanks