Monday, August 23, 2010

Baby, Baby, Baby....

So I was watching a show that was singing that RIDICULOUS song and it is now stuck in my head. Give me a BREAK!! I know my girl Ashley has the fever but I don't get it. I never understood any of these teeny bopper trends in music, have they ever grown up into something you want your children to look up to? Even when I was young I never listened to New Kids on The Block or Mickey Mouse Club or whatever was around back then (Val you could probably tell me) I listened to my own version of bad music. I had my tapes, yes tapes, of Lisa Loeb (Jared is still relentless about this) and Nirvana, 311 and the Beastie Boys. Not saying I grew up to be the best person in the world but i sure am glad Britney wasn't who I looked up to, Heaven knows where I would be. I see situations where these kids would do ANYTHING to listen to or sing along with these "role models" OK so I need to also include the 40 year old women who tend to also be obsessed. It is pretty bad that anyone gets that obsessed with ANYTHING let alone a 15 year old. I am vowing that if I am ever lucky enough to have my own children the Disney Channel is BANNED from my home. Any teen bopper music is BANNED from not only my home and car but my children's mouths. I know the title of this maybe threw some people off, I still enjoy doing that. I have a niece coming in September or early October and that is enough for now. Just wanted to vent a little bit.

No comments: